Sheng Moua

Monday, August 6, 2012

FIDM Blog Feature

I am a graduate of FIDM where I attended both the Orange and LA County campuses.  I graduated from the Visual Communications PD program. Fashion has also been my number 1 passion but at 16 years old, my mom told me that I'd have to get a "real" job before I went to Fashion school.  She didn't know much about Fashion, but she knew that it was very competitive.  I had no idea what she was talking about because I lived in a small town and all I knew was Fashion Design.  I wanted to be a designer and all throughout high school, I'd sketch and illustrate everything I'd like to wear. As I think back now, I was also the only one that was dressing up all the time. We didn't have a lot of money for new clothes so I always used what I had to re-create new looks. Who knew it would eventually lead to where I am today.

Needless to say, I didn't go straight to Fashion school.  I pursued my Bachelor of Science degree first then I went to Brooks College of Design for a year.  I quickly found out that I did not like to sew. I was scared that it was going to ruin my love for Fashion.  While I was attending design school, I noticed that the Merchandising students were always putting on Fashion Shows.. hmm I wanted to put on Fashion Shows! I left Brooks and continued my education elsewhere. I obtained my Mastars in Business Administration (MBA) before finding out about the FIDM Visual program in 2006.

I am so honored to be part of the FIDM family.  It's an experience that I would do all over again. I met people in the industry from all walks of life.  Along with the students, staff and teachers, I also attended their New York Study Tour and had the chance to meet so many different individuals that shaped my career. If anyone is interested in attending FIDM, please don't hesitate to ask. I can go on forever about this amazing school

I am proud to announce that today I was featured in the FIDM Blog on their "Where are you now?" section.  FIDM has given me such great opportunities during and after school.  The opportunities they have provided me is just endless.  I want to take this time to say "THANK YOU" to everyone who has helped get me to where I am today.

My tip to all new and existing students: Follow your dreams and do what your heart desires.  Passion is the one thing that we all need in our lives and the ultimate driving force of true happiness.

Click on this link for the full feature: "Where are you now?"



3 comments:

  1. Congrats on the feature and of course, another inspiring blog from you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Pagnia.. I am so honored because I get to live my dream.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So proud of you sister... you're still such an inspiration in my life I love you

    ReplyDelete